If the error message displayed doesn't indicate how to solve the issue, try the following:
- Close the app from your background processes and launch it again. Here's Apple's guide on the topic.
- Update iOS and Splice to the most recent version.
- Verify the format of the content you’re trying to import. All pictures and videos in your camera roll and recorded with your device should be compatible with Splice. Pictures or videos added to your Photos via other means (for example, those received via WhatsApp or Airdrop) and those edited with other apps (for example, a different video editor) may not be recognized by Splice.
Check that all assets in the project are saved to your phone’s storage. Although assets saved to iCloud work with Splice, they might not be saved locally. If any of the project’s assets are saved on iCloud, try the following:
- Download your assets back to your device by manually opening them in your Camera Roll
- Turn off storage optimization on iCloud by following these steps: Settings > your name > iCloud > Photos > under iCloud Photos, select Download and Keep Originals
If you still can't load your files, reach out to our Customer Support team.