👉 If your video contains speech and it's in English, you're welcome to try our Closed Captions feature.
Alternatively, you can add subtitles to your video following these steps:
- Open your project
- Choose Text from the bottom toolbar and add text: A blue text bar appears above your video
- Position the playhead (yellow vertical line) at the point where you want the text to change
- Choose Split from the bottom toolbar, or from the shortcut menu—trigger this menu by tapping on the text in the timeline once more
- A new text bar appears: Tap it
- Choose Edit from the bottom toolbar to add new text
Repeat steps 3-6 to add text to different parts of your video.
You can position your text as desired and change its size on the Preview screen. You can personalize your subtitles by choosing features from the bottom toolbar, such as Color, Font, Background, and Opacity. See our video tutorial for all editing options.