With the Ken Burns effect, you can create motion from static images or show a video from different angles.
👉 To apply the Ken Burns effect, follow these steps:
- Open your Splice project
- On the timeline, select the clip you wish to animate: it becomes blue
- Tap on Animate from the editing toolbar
- Tap on Enable Ken Burns: it becomes blue
To apply this change to all clips, tap on the button with the two blue ticks that appear in the bottom-right corner > tap Apply to all
👉 To change the Start and End frame, follow these steps:
- As you tap on Enable Ken Burns, you'll see Start frame and End frame
- To choose the point where you want the effect to start > tap Start frame
- On the preview screen (the main one at the top), position the photo as preferred using the pinching gesture (you can zoom in/ zoom out/ move in any direction)
- To choose the point where you want the effect to end, tap End frame and position the clip on the main preview screen
👉 To remove the effect, on the timeline, select the clip: it becomes blue > tap Animate from the editing toolbar > tap on the blue ball under the timeline.
👉 To change the speed of Ken Burns, change your photo duration. The longer the duration, the slower the Ken Burns effect:
- On the timeline, tap on the photo whose duration you wish to change: it becomes blue
- Hold your finger on one of the side handles and move it left/right to customize its duration
Please sign in to leave a comment.