👉 To change the speed of a video inside your project:
- On the timeline, tap on the video whose speed you wish to change: it becomes blue
- Select Speed from the bottom toolbar
- Adjust the speed using the slider under the timeline
☑️ The Speed button will appear in the editing toolbar as soon as you tap on your video on the timeline
☑️ Apply to all. To apply the same speed to all videos, tap on the blue checkmarks in the bottom right corner.
⚠️ Speed feature is only available for video clips. If your project consists of still photos, refer to the section below.
👉 To change the duration of a photo:
- On the timeline, tap on the photo whose duration you wish to change: it becomes blue
- Hold your finger on one of the side handles and move it left/right to customize its duration
Pro tip: to set the duration below 1 second, expand your clip on the timeline with a pinching gesture and proceed with the duration adjustment. The time tag shows you the exact duration of your element down to one-hundredth of a second.
👉 To change the duration of multiple photos: currently, it's not possible to change the duration of multiple pictures in bulk. However, in case your project consists exclusively of images, you can try these steps:
- Save your project as it is
- Go back to the home screen of Splice > Create a New project
- Upload the video you saved: it will now appear on Splice as one single entity
- Tap on the clip and select Speed from the bottom toolbar > adjust the speed using the slider under the timeline