There are a number of things that might lead to an error message in Splice. Don't hesitate to try some common solutions. If none of them solves the issue, no worries! You don’t need to report it. Rest assured, our team is already on top of it, working diligently to find a positive resolution. 🙌🏻
👉 While opening the app or a project
- Reboot your device.
- Update iOS and Splice to the most recent version.
- Check that your device has enough available storage to complete the export. You can do so in Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Make sure you're not simply freeing up space on iCloud storage, as Splice can't use that.
- Switch to a different internet connection. If you're using a WiFi network, try your mobile data connection, and vice versa. If you're using a VPN, turn it off and try again.
Assets. Check that all assets in the project are saved to your phone’s storage. Although assets saved to iCloud work with Splice, they might not be saved locally. If any of the project’s assets are saved on iCloud, try the following:
- Download your assets back to your device by manually opening them in your Camera Roll
- Turn off storage optimization on iCloud by following these steps: Settings > your name > iCloud > Photos > under iCloud Photos, select Download and Keep Originals
👉 If you receive the error while exporting, also try the following:
- Export options. Try exporting your project with a lower resolution, a lower frame rate, or both
- Check for faulty files on your timeline. All pictures and videos shot with your phone will work fine. However, the app may not recognize files from an external source, such as WhatsApp.
- Another format. If you have any videos that weren't taken by your iPhone, try converting them to another format and reuploading them to your project. If you still can't identify the faulty assets, try removing every single one (such as pictures, videos, and audio files) in order. By repeating the process for each asset, you'll quickly learn which is causing the issue. Then, you can exclude it from your project.
👉 If you receive error codes LRM000 , RMM000, and RMA002, refer to this article to learn how to solve them.